Stop typing in all capital letters

My post today is about people who type in all capital letters. You've seen it in emails. You've seen it in private messages. You've seen it in instant messages. Yes, it's the infamous ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! This sickens me! Pisses me off! As if I can't read their words unless they're all capitalized. What's the reason? What's the purpose? Everyone else can read plain text so easily, so why do you think that no one can read your text unless it's in all capital letters? Huh? Why?

What? Do you make billboard signs for a living? Give me a break! Listen, I can read your words, OK? They do not need to be in all capital letters! Are you able to read these words? Yes, I thought you could. Guess what? They're not all capital letters! Imagine that! You and everyone else can read my words, and they're not all capitalized. I've tolerated it as much as I can. Now, I am venting! Yes, this is venting! Stop typing in all capital letters!

Whatcha got to say about that?

4 Comments:

Hiro Tomaru said...

I fully agree with you on this particular point. I wonder why some of my American friends like to describe their handwritten letters in almost all capital letters. Maybe they are rather easier to write them all than describing them properly.

Stephen Robinson said...

Thank you for your comment Hiro.
And thank you for your insightful opinion :)

Guest said...

You could have added that although it's easier (and rather lazy) to hit caps lock instead of the shift button, all caps is considered yelling in the internet world.  And please people, remember grade school grammar classes.  Use punctuation when you are writing someone, it's not that hard to do.

Stephen Robinson on 9/17/2009 1:43 AM said...

I agree with you, Guest. And thank you for your comment. :)

Post a Comment